How to Get the Best Results from Your Sunless Tanner
For best results, exfoliate, shave, apply a moisturizer/lotion 24 hours before, or the night before, then apply the tan the next day. This allows for your pores and skin to calm down. Then when you apply the tanner your skin will be the perfect canvas!
Don't apply any lotions, creams, colognes/perfumes, or sunscreens prior to applying The One.
Waxing should be done 48 hours before. It’s best to shave 8 or more hours before. The product can sometimes build-up in your pores and create a black pinpoint look, but proper preparation and waiting at least 8 hours after shaving help prevent this.
Apply in three easy steps
- Using THE MITT, apply a generous amount THE ONE to each section of your body, being very careful and light on elbows, knees, hands and feet.
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the product to absorb/dry - it won’t feel completely dry after that time, but that is ample time to wait before getting dressed.
- Sit back and enjoy while your beautiful tan develops.
For a natural-looking tan
- For a light to medium results, apply 1-2 coats and allow to absorb for 1-3 hours
- For medium to dark results, apply 1-3 coats and allow to absorb for 3+ hours
- You can place a little lotion on your elbows, knees and dry areas to act as a barrier to prevent the color from absorbing too much in those areas
Tips for minimizing color transfer
To ensure even drying and coverage, wear dark, loose fitting clothing and loose fitting shoes.
If you decide to sleep in it, the color can transfer. Cover your body and your sheets, by sleeping fully covered or/and covering your sheets. It will wash out, but will look a little messy from the color transfer.